Monday, November 6, 2017

I will be listening to Judge Coates and following his advice and instructions and pleading the 5th Amendment in that matter:


  1. THE COURT: [Interposing] Overruled. I'm
  2. going to allow that answer because it relates to the
  3. July 1st incident.
  4. MR. SALE: Judge, he's--we're pleading the
  5. Fifth, because Ofc. Mauer has not closed the
  6. investigation still on the attack and the phone.
  7. It's still open. So they're just not answering
  8. questions yet.
  9. THE COURT: So the Petitioner is asserting
  10. his Fifth Amendment right?
  11. MR. SALE: It's still an open case, Judge.
  12. I think both sides should, just as a matter of
  13. course.
  14. THE COURT: I'm not going to invade the
  15. Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination.
  16. He's exercised his right. Next question.
  17. MR. LERNER: Okay. Sure, give me one
  18. second. I need to get to some of these emails.
  19. Would--could you ask Cory if he would agree that his
  20. employees, Marvin, packed the U-Haul?
  21. THE COURT: Do you understand the question,
  22. sir? Did your employee, Marvin, pack the U-Haul?
  23. MR. MELTZER: He did, as well as David, as
  24. well as Elan.


  1. THE COURT: Do you think you've done
  2. anything that you could be put in prison? I mean, do
  3. you understand, is there some complicity on your part
  4. that--and maybe you want to speak with your attorney
  5. about exercising the Fifth on that. I mean, if you
  6. think there's some reason that he could have a
  7. reason, a good faith reason he could put you in
  8. prison, then I would suggest you speak with your
  9. attorney and tell me if you're going to exercise the
  10. Fifth on that?
  11. MR. MELTZER: Your Honor, I don't--Your
  12. Honor, I don't believe I would--I don't believe that
  13. I would end up in prison, but I don't know if he made

No comments:

Post a Comment