JUSTICE NEWS



Attorney General Sessions Delivers Remarks at the Attorney General’s Annual Awards Ceremony
WashingtonDC
 ~
Wednesday, October 25, 2017
Remarks as prepared for delivery

Thank you, Rod, for that introduction, and for all the good work that you do here at the Department.

I also want to give a special thanks to Deputy Assistant Attorney General Santangelo and her team in the Justice Management Division for putting together today’s event.

This is my first Awards Ceremony as your Attorney General.  And, as I stand before you today, I can’t help but think back to my first days at the Department.  I don’t mean earlier this year—I mean as an Assistant U.S. Attorney, and then a U.S. Attorney in Mobile, Alabama.

There is nothing that I am more proud of than my 14 years as a federal prosecutor. 

We were just a small office, but we felt that we did a lot of good.  We took on corruption; we broke up national and international fraud schemes, and we took tons of drugs off our streets.  Our dedicated team put in countless hours to accomplish these things and I know that many of you are having that same kind of impact and I thank you for that.

As prosecutors, investigators and support personnel, you have the honor of representing your country. 

I will never forget the feeling of going before a judge and saying, “the United States is ready.”  I will never get over that feeling of knowing that I represented the greatest country in the history of the world.  I’m sure that many you feel the same way.