Friday, November 10, 2017

Could there possibly be any better way to kick off a political career than to be told you have "contempt for corruption?"

I don't think so. I don't think so. People like passion. People want to see passion. This is also organic. I never set out to harness the power of political groups or need to get involved in politics. I was going about my life, minding my business. But, I have a zero-tolerance policy for fraud and corruption in our American Judicial System. None. Zero. There is no place for it. Period. I don't think you could have a better launch into the political arena than to be told you have contempt for corruption and possibly even jailed for it? 

It harkens back to the revolutionaries of yesteryear in this positively medieval, corrupt, dystopian, stone-age, anti-intellectual, special interest, shady, backroom dealing, crooked, contradictory, public corruption. 

Are you trying to elect me President of the United States one day or a United States Attorney or something? I feel like you definitely are. How great would that be. Puts his foot down and draws a line in the sand and says "No" to corruption. Tells his corrupt jailers that if they're going to jail him in their local jail with all of the drug addicts and drunks awaiting their DUI trials or whatnot, that if you're going to make me a political prisoner for fighting against corruption and fighting the dirty, dirty Powers That Be, well, you better just throw away the key. Throw away the key. 

JUDGE: "Mr. Lerner, you're being charged with having contempt for corruption. Are you sorry for fighting against fraud? You realize it's a losing battle right? Recant, recant, recant!"

ME: "What time is breakfast?" 

JUDGE: "Excuse me?"

ME: "You should be ashamed of yourself. Ashamed. Ashamed. Throw away the key. Throw away the key."

No comments:

Post a Comment